Friday 11 May 2012

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS




I suppose it is time for me to add a baking recipe to my blog after all the savory dinner recipes I have posted about.  That being said, I just need to say that I just love blueberries.  I love their plump, sweet juiciness.  I have for as long as I can remember and they are one of my favorite berries.  I also like muffins.  Consequently blueberry muffins are my favorite.  I had not made muffins for a long time so when I had some relatives visiting a few weeks ago, I decided I would make blueberry muffins for us for breakfast.  They were most tasty.  These would be great to make for Mom on "Mother's Day."   Happy Mother's Day Mom!  Love you!  Now, let's get to cooking.

Recipe Source:  Adapted from a muffin recipe in an old Five Roses Flour cookbook.

The ingredients you will need are:



  • 3/4 c Milk
  • 5 TBSP Melted Butter or Margarine
  • 2 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 3/4 cup Frozen Blueberries, lightly mixed/dusted with 1 TBSP of flour

Recipe Yield:  11 - 12 muffins 

DIRECTIONS

1.  Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Line muffin pan with paper cups or lightly grease muffin pan.

2.  In a bowl mix together the "wet" ingredients:  Milk, Melted Butter or Margarine, Vanilla, Eggs.  Set aside.









3.  In separate bowl mix together the "dry" ingredients:  Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Sugar.










4.  In a third bowl, lightly dust blueberries with a tablespoon of flour.




5.  Make a "well" in the dry ingredients.


6.  Pour "wet" ingredients into the well and GENTLY stir.  Be careful not to over mix.




7.  Gently fold in blueberries.






 


8.  Spoon batter into paper cups in muffin pan until about 2/3 full.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.




 9.  Allow muffins to cool slightly and then remove muffins from pan.  Serve muffins while they are still warm with butter, if desired.




10.  Freeze any remaining muffins in freeze and allow to slowly thaw on counter or in fridge for best results.

Enjoy your delicious blueberry muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://passets-cdn.pinterest.com/images/about/buttons/pinterest-button.png http://passets-cdn.pinterest.com/images/about/buttons/big-p-button.png