Monday 19 November 2012

CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN "PIE"


Hello!  Just in case the title of this blog recipe post has thrown you off, Yes! a crustless Pumpkin "Pie" can be made and it tastes great!  So I am one of those people who likes Pumpkin Pie. I like the flavour, creaminess, and cinnamony taste of it.  It reminds me of when I was growing up and my mom making it for our family on Thanksgiving.  It also reminds me of my Dad.  He liked this crustless version and called it "Pumpkin Pudding".  It is just a tasty wonderful dessert, especially in the fall.  Although as I have previously stated that I like Pumpkin pie, I am not always so excited about the calories associated with the crust.  So to cut down on some of the calories of this dessert, I sometimes like to swap the crust out in favour of topping the Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream.  Because you just simply can't  (insert grin here) have Pumpkin Pie without a little dollop of whipped cream.  This recipe is an adaptation from both my mom's and Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe. 

Now let's get to baking that crustless Pumpkin "Pie".

The ingredients you will need are the following:


  • 2 Eggs, Slightly beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups Canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 Cup Sugar  (I used a little less)
  • 1 TSP Salt
  • 1 1/4 TSP Cinnamon
  • 1 2/3 cups Evaporated milk (I used Light Evaporated Milk)
  • Whipped Cream (Optional topping)

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.

2.  In a large bowl, mix filling ingredients in order given.  Pour into 9 inch pie plate.




  




 3.  Bake in preheated hot oven (425 degrees) for 15 minutes.

4.  Reduce temperature to 350 degree and continue baking for 45 minutes or until knife inserted into center of pie filling comes out clean. 



5.  Allow to cool to room temperature, slice and serve.  Garnish pie with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.



Now please enjoy your lovely piece of Crustless Pumpkin "Pie"!   And to my American Family and Friends - Happy Thanksgiving later this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

http://passets-cdn.pinterest.com/images/about/buttons/pinterest-button.png http://passets-cdn.pinterest.com/images/about/buttons/big-p-button.png